Saturday, June 20, 2009

MOBILE - 3.5 - 4.0 - DAY 3

The temperature today reached 98 with another heat index of 110. Someone brought a thermometer and put it on the court. It reached 140 degrees. No lie! Eleven IV's were given today with three taken to the hospital. Even with all this, we saw some really good tennis. Our 3.5 ladies team, the Power Shots, captained by Jama Rogers lost this morning 3-2 and finished second in their bracket. Boy did they play some good tennis...We're planning on seeing them down here again next year.
Our 3.5 men, John Bedford's team, won their bracket today and will play "Bubba's" team in the morning in the semi-finals. For those of you who do not know, "Bubba's" team is of the "Rick & Bubba" fame. It's obviously a Birmingham team. GO SHOALS!!!!
Our 4.0 men, Ashley Isbell's team are 3-1 with another match in the morning. It's still possible that they can make the finals. We'll have to wait & see. Good luck guys!
I don't want to forget about our 4.0 ladies. Shannon Clemmons captained their way down here and I wasn't able to watch any of their matches. I never saw any of the players except for a second here and there. And of course, I obviously didn't have my camera because I have no pictures of them. My apologies........
Thanks to Donna Garner for taking the following pictures. I never saw our 4.0 men play either! :(
I'm looking foward to coming home! Hopefully, I'll bring a cool front with me.